Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Monday, 12 January 2015

Retro Sketch - with a magazine freebie retro stamp

I saw this fab sketch challenge over at Retro Sketches and was inspired to create this using some freebie dies I got from Creative Stamping Magazine.  I love the retro look to them and they stamp really really well, I was skeptical before I tried them lol


I created the background with bubble wrap,distress inks and shimmery water.


In the picture above I hope you can see the shimmer from, the perfect pearls that I added to the water I used with the distress inks, top tip I picked up from Jennifer McGuire, It is subtle.... until the light catches it!!



Now I was over visiting Darnell,the inventor of NBUS, don't know what im talking about?  lucky you you have a lovely discovery ahead of you, get over there... Now!!  Anyhoo, I love popping over to Darnell's not just because her craft is awesome but because she introduces and shares lots of other crafty bloggers work.  I saw a link to Pixie' Crafty Workshop and an intriguing challenge called pixies snippets,  I love the idea and was inspired to add some "snippets" of bakers twine and also punched some hearts out of the card I had left over from the background i made.


The stamps give really good impressions, I used versafine in black.

Thanks to their inspiration I'm sharing this with Retro Sketches challenge, thanks for the cool sketch you guys

Pixies Snippets, I will so be visiting Pixies place again.

And finally with Creative Stamping magazine thanks to their freebie stamps

Take Care

Tracey