Fibofighting Resources

Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 July 2015

Stampotique - background using household objects

The challenge over at Stampotique designers challenge  is to create your own background using a household object!  Well this got my creative juices aflowing and off I went around the house grabbing all sorts of bits n bobs... and covering them in all sorts of ink and paints.  I have a cool.stash of backgrounds now awaiting their day to become a card but this one is my favourite.


I used a medicine popper, storage thimngumy to created these circles.

I applied distress paint in fired brick, then seedless preserves and then I misted with water... love this look, messy and not regimented but more so then I would.get doing this freehand.


I then stamped the awesome New stampotique cake stamp, masked it and stamped the bottom cake so.it looks like they're stacked.  I paper pieced with graphic 45 papers and added some cosmic shimmer glue dots for sprinkles and wink of stella to the candles


Lastly I die cut "with love" from my background, cut another 4 from coredinations card and stacked them together and applied lashings of wink of stella

 I mounted it onto kraft card that I inked a stripey pattern onto and all done :)

I loved this challenge, pop on over and have a look at the cool ideas the DT came up with by clicking here

Take care

Tracey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peep, feel free to leave a comment, suggestion or question. It's great to share crafting and essential to band together as Fibro Fighters.